Thursday, January 7, 2010

IHOP

Oh wow, I hadn't realized it's been so long since I've blogged. I'm in the prayer room at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City right now, trying to catch up on my internet stuff. Justin Rizzo is leading right now, and they are praying for the school. This session has had a rocking violin, and now there's weird synth effects playing. Cool. It's six degrees outside, where you can see a parking lot with cars covered with snow and icicles.

The flight went well. After that we dropped our stuff off at the apartments, then took the road trip to Lathrop a little hic town where we met up with Pastor's friends Asa and Carol who planted a church out there. The rest of the time we've spent here in Kansas City. We have 14 people this time. God is definitely doing a work in me and it's awesome to see what He's doing in the others here.

Last night was intense. Not like the IHOP I remember visiting a couple years back. It was similar to the Toronto revival I visited about 11 years ago. After 10 years of 24/7 prayer and worship there seems to be no sign of it fading. I've been there twice in years past and each year I go seems to get more intense.

Other times in the prayer room are more chill and I've been reading this book by Brennan Manning called "The Furious Longing of God". A short book, but it's hard to even get past a few pages without being overwhelmed, especially with this incredible worship being played up front. He has a way of writing that brings new life out of truths that you might've already known.

I guess that's really just a summary. Seems like too much to tell at once. But hey I'm having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment