Saturday, January 30, 2010

Afterward: not the end

And so I sit back at home once again, watching an Audra Lynn session on the webstream. The whole IHOP experience is a bit surreal. For a month I lived what they call the "wasted life". Things changed in my heart for real and not by my own strength, just a gradual work as I baked away in God's presence. I have yet to see what the new season has in store for me. I'm not looking forward to going back to work, but hey such is life. But I have a new strength and purpose in me. Yes there are still mountains in my life, but I have new determination. Last Thursday's awakening meeting had such a thick presence of God as the music and worship seemed out of this world. I was enjoying it and yet was bummed to leave. But I know now this is how it's supposed to be for now. No, I'm not at IHOP, but I have a worshiping church and friends and leaders who are also hungry for God's presence. I have my guitar, the IHOP webstream, and the natural beauty of Oregon in the coming spring. God's presence is here, and though I don't always feel it, I know He's always right there. And I know there are broken people at work who need me to carry this to them as well.

I have some new songs, some I heard at IHOP and a couple I wrote. The song I wrote the last couple days started with just a bit of melody in a dream and much of the song just came together easily that morning. That was exciting, because songs haven't come that easily in the last couple years.

I know it won't be so easy in the coming weeks and tests will come. I just want there to be a way of getting out of the Sunday routine. I know as the end times draw near, more and more things will change in the ways of doing church. I'm not saying to copycat what's going on in other regions, and I don't have all the answers, but I know as the old Vineyard song says, there must be more. I wrote this new blog for a fresh start and to tell what's going on on my trip. I know I'm reverting to my geeky self by quoting a hobbit cartoon I grew up with, but I can't help but remember the words of Gandalf at the end: "...this story is not ended, but is only beginning..."

No comments:

Post a Comment