Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Productive Day

Life is very surreal these days and everything is being stretched. Let me explain my day a bit:

Woke up early and worked in a cold warehouse for a few hours listening to audio of Tim Ferris (everything he writes is uncomfortable, that's why I need to listen) and Spanish lessons, while doing martial arts conditioning from time to time.
A couple hours of sleep, then meet with Edgar Nunez for newer mentorship at a spanish-speaking tacohouse. Then workout with Jon. Then a phone conversation with a close lady friend of mine. Later after sleeping more I get up and know I need to get to work on copyrighting songs. After dinking around for a while, I finally go to my room to work. It's still hard. On my computer I dig out the prophetic word I had from presbytery around eight years ago which is speaking to my life right now as the mystery is being unlocked. Very surreal...
There is an entrepreneurial opportunity I believe that's coming...There's a decision before you to weigh out... (Quit Target or transfer, I say quit!)
I get songs ready to copyright and at least register my name in the system. Copyright steps seem like the hardest to take.

The War of Art is intense. Resistance has not died, but is taking some hard knocks. A while ago after hearing prophetic words from IHOP about climbing mountains I took inspiration from literal mountain climbers. I feel like Ed Veisters nearing the peak of Mt Everest without supplemental oxygen:

Days passed. Days of numbing cold, incessant winds, and constant work. Nights of almost no rest, sleeping in tissue-thin tents and down-filled sleeping bags. Endless hours of plodding up a vertical mountain ...until finally, I was once again three hundred feet from the top. I stared at the summit. A pattern emerged: one determined step, rest, a dozen breaths. Another singular step, rest, and more breaths. I focused on reaching closer landmarks. Each step became a goal within itself.

I took steps forward today. Dreams are slightly closer and I can sleep in peace tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment