Thursday, December 8, 2011

Morning Mist after the Dark Night

As I take the drive home from work it's one of those times I feel contemplative and not headbanging to German metal, but rather Loreena McKennitt's Dark Night of the Soul plays on the stereo. At least now I can say I understand what the song is talking about, having read the book and Song of Solomon and gone through some things myself.

"As care and grief grew dim as in the mornings mist became the light There they dimmed amongst the lilies fair." As those last lyrics came I looked and saw the hazy sky in the light of the slightly foggy morning, with Mt Hood taking on a blue hue. I wouldn't mind seeing some morning mist soon. As interesting as the first part of the song is, I think I like the last part. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment